This competition, as well as the amazing prizes, will give national recognition to the very best plant based street food dish available in the UK and made by you, the independent veggie maestros!
We are inviting some of the best in the business to come and trade at Smoke & Fire (South) and enter some of their greatest plant based deliciousness for judgement by our expert panel and a unique public vote scheme that will drive trade all weekend, for those that have entered the VeggieQ Challenge.
Entry into the competition is free for those trading at the festival (see trader applications on the website) and all we need is your entry details and a short description of what you will be looking to have crowned the ultimate VeggieQ dish in the country. There will be significant promotion of all entrants on our festival social media channels and at the event itself in what we hope will allow not just a great competition, but also that will create a highly lucrative weekend’s trade.
Terms and Rules of Entry
- All entrants must be trading at Smoke & Fire Festival South
- All entered dishes must be available for sale at the festival
- 3 dishes must be provided to the Judging panel, 1 dish must be available for the celebrity Judge eating challenge and samples equivalent to either ¼ serving of a dish or a taster version must be available at the trading stand for those with public Judging tickets.
- There will then be 1 judging round on the Saturday at 12 noon and a Grand Final round, to feature the top three on the Sunday at 12 noon.
- Time slots for entrants to turn in dishes (starting at the times set out above and a second turn in at =20 mins) will be provided at an entrant’s interpretation meeting at the beginning of the event.
- Entries will be judged by a group of judges. All dishes will be assessed on a number of criteria based around a) imagination and b) taste.
- Entry to the competition confirms agreement to all of the rules set out herein on the part of all entrants competing.
- All entrants agree to being photographed, filmed and/or recorded throughout the competition and to the editing and airing of any and all such recorded materials for media, TV, Internet and any other use the organisers choose.
- All entrants agree to their names (and any team names) being used in any publicity or promotional works released in relation to the competition.
- All Judges decision are final and not open to dispute.
- ‘the event’ & ‘the competition’ – The 2021 ‘VeggieQ Challenge’ competition to be held at Smoke & Fire Festival ‘South’ in July 2021.
- ‘organiser/s’ – Smoke & Fire Live Events Ltd.
- ‘entry’ & ‘entrant/s’ – any persons who have applied to enter and, as a result, have been granted permission to participate in ‘the event’ and the act of that participation.