Smoke and Fire Events Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
www.smokeandfirefestival.com (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Smoke and Fire Events Ltd (“our”, “us” and “we”).
Smoke and Fire Festival is our trading name.
BY VISITING THIS WEBSITE (THE “SITE”) YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND CONSENTING TO THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY (INCLUDING AS UPDATED OR AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME). IF, FOR ANY REASON, YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY, PLEASE STOP USING THE SITE IMMEDIATELY.
Information we may collect from you
When you use the Website or contact us by e-mail, social media, SMS, telephone, or other methods, we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us, including:
- Forms filled out by you on the Site;
- Content of correspondence with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Site registration;
- Subscriptions or orders placed on the Site;
- Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site;
- Entering a competition, promotion or survey;
- Reporting a problem or requesting support for the Site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, payment information, personal description, photographs or images or comments.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time);
- Pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we collect from other sources
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, search information providers, credit reference agencies, third parties who enable sign on functionality and social network integration) and may receive information about you from them.
If you choose to use features on this website or other websites that connect to your online profiles or social media accounts (“Connected Accounts”), we may collect any information that you permit through your settings on those Connected Accounts. For example, if you log in to our site using your Facebook account and choose to allow Facebook to share your profile with us, we may collect that information. Information we receive from Connected Accounts with your consent may include email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, posts or other social activity. Please review your Connected Account privacy settings to control what information is provided to us through this option.
How your information may be used
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us or through Connected Accounts.
We will use this information:
- To help us respond to your queries;
- To provide you with information on the relevant artist;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To manage your access to the services;
- To allow you to interact with our website, for example by posting comments;
- To allow you to share information from our website on third party social media platforms;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We will use this information
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them, if we have received your consent to do so;
- To provide or permit third parties to provide targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies Policy);
- To track the progress and number of entries in competitions and promotions.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you in order to provide you with a product or service;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to provide you with information about promotions and offers;
- Relevant Smoke and Fire Festival artists and/or their representatives;
- Aggregated, anonymised or other data to advertisers, advertising networks and social networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may also use aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Smoke and Fire Live Events works with a number of carefully selected third party companies (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) that provide a broad range of online solutions, from traffic analysis and advertising to user experience enhancements, such as enabling you to use the same login details across multiple websites. It is sometimes necessary for Smoke and Fire Live Events to provide these companies with access to Events personal information about our users. In such cases Smoke and Fire Events Ltd will share only the personal data required to for these companies to perform their functions and will not allow them to use this data for any other purposes;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Smoke and Fire Events Ltd controls this website or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Smoke and Fire Live Events, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Storage and transfer of data
The security of your personal information is important to us. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does Smoke and Fire Live Events knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent and in compliance with applicable laws.
Where applicable under local law, you may request a copy of the personal information held by Smoke and Fire Live Events about you and may ask about all recipients of the information, the purpose of the processing, request the correction of incorrect data, and request the blocking and deletion of such data by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information.
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. You may update your information by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. You also have the right, where provided under applicable law, to ask us not to process your personal data
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete or remove it by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as is needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us as described in the “Contact” section below.
Where provided under applicable law, you may have the right to ask us for a list of your personal data we share with third parties and information regarding those third parties, if the third parties use the personal data for their direct marketing purposes. We will seek your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section below.
Links to third party websites
Our website, our newsletters and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.